THE UIMSA RESEARCH GRANT 2019/2020
The “UIMSA Research Grant” is established by Mr Andrew Folusho Alalade to reward the ingenuity and relevance of research work of our members to patient care. This is a yearly prize that will be open to the members of UIMSA.
Prize Amount: 1000 dollars
Important Dates: Call for Applications: April 23, 2020 Submission Deadline: May 23,2020
Purpose: To drive and encourage medical research among members of UIMSA as well as providing a launching pad for future projects.
The program is open to all UIMSA members who are conducting research as part of their training.
Must show a proof of payment of UIMSA dues.
Along with the submitted project(s), the panel will review the following:
• Quality and relevance of the research question asked
• Knowledge of the scientific area demonstrated
• Justifiable duration for the research project
• How the research question (and prize if successful) will contribute to the applicant’s career progression
• Performance at a face-to-face interview with a member of the panel
• Potential of the award winner to becoming a research leader.
Application: Applications may be submitted online to email@example.com. Subject of e-mail should be “UIMSA Research Grant (Name of Principal Investigator)”. The research prize application form should be appropriately filled and all attachments properly named. After the first round, successful applicants would be reached out to for the second round. In the event that more than one winner is chosen, the prize money would be shared among the winners according to the discretion of the sponsor.
Monitoring/Capacity building: Winners will work with UIMSA research affiliates to enable delivery of set goals. Monthly and quarterly updates will be required.
Please download the application form below.