UIMSA is a member of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), the Nigeria Medical Students’ Association (NiMSA), West Africa Medical Students’ Association (WAMSA), the Federation of African Medical Students’ Association (FAMSA) and the International Federation of Medical Students’ Association (IFMSA).
UIMSA has been involved in organizing Seminars, Symposia, Public Health Campaigns in both urban and rural setting and other Health promotional activities. Specifically,
- The National Campus Campaign against Drug Abuse in 2000 with the Students Union Government, University of Ibadan.
- The Teen AIDS Campaign Program in Secondary School and Tertiary Institution in 2003 with Dr John Chiittik of the school of Public Health, Boston U.S.A, in Lagos, Oyo and Osun States.
- The fight Against Women Violence and Child Abuse with support of her Excellency, Chief (Mrs) Titi Abubakar, in July, 2005.
- UIMSA collaborated with Oyo State Government to Celebrate the World Health Day in 2008.
- UIMSA marked The World Tuberculosis Day in 2009 and 2010 with support from Damien Foundation.
- UIMSA also collaborates with Action group on adolescent health (AGAH) University of Ibadan (Agah-Ibadan) with support from President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFER) to celebrate the Worlds AIDS day 2009 till date.
UIMSA has the required National spread and frame work to diligently prosecute Health programs on a National basis. The Association is a ready pool of Human resources which should be encouraged and supported to fulfill the enormous potential she possesses. With her achievement and unique niche in the society, this Medical Student body with her National network possesses the potential to become a working “Health Army” which is able, ready and willing to take action on improving the Health status of Nigerians.
With her active relationship with NiMSA, WAMSA, FAMSA, and IFMSA, UIMSA commands an international traffic of Student with the drive to make a change the world over where we can work globally and act locally.