Finally, we have a title for the next Avengers film and it is ENDGAME (not Annihilation or Decimation or Aftermath or any other name that have been flying around). With the release of its first official trailer yesterday (which already has more than forty million views on YouTube), fans are left in more confusion as to what will happen in the movie since Infinity war chose to end with the biggest amount of suspense seen in a film (exaggeration intended).
General facts about the film:
- It is the 22nd movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is the sequel to 2018’s Avengers: Infinity war.
- It was produced by Kevin Feige and directed by the Russo brothers.
- Originally scheduled for release in the US on May 3, 2019, it will now be released on April 26, 2019 instead.
- The film’s music will be produced by Alan Silvestri who also produced the score for The Avengers and Avengers: Infinity War.
- The trailer of the movie is the first in YouTube history to reach over a million views in less than four hours.
- According to Marvel Studios, the trailer was viewed 289 million times in its first 24 hours (across multiple platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube).
- The trailer surpassed the previous record of 230 million views set by “Avengers:Infinitity War.” Behind that was Disney’s “The Lion King” teaser, which has 224.6 million views.
What we noticed in the trailer:
- Black Panther’s sister, Shuri, might have been among those killed by Thanos. Her status was listed as ‘missing’ alongside Scott Lang and Peter Parker whom we watched die in Infinity war.
- Captain America’s beard is gone (RIP 2018-2018)
- It appears Thanos has gone back to farming using his former armor as a scarecrow.
- Hawkeye is back from retirement.
- The remaining Avengers looked very unsure of their own future although it seems like Captain America has a plan on paper.
- It looks like the earth would be saved by the World Greatest Grandma, Scott Lang aka Ant-man.
- It seems that he found a way to escape from the Quantum Realm where he was trapped in Ant-man and the Wasp.
- Captain Marvel was missing from the trailer.
Well, it appears the questions are piling up and we are looking to the release of more trailers and the film eventually for answers. Perhaps the most important question is ‘What’s next for the Avengers after Avengers: Endgame?’. For those who are yet to see the trailer, below is the link:
The countdown to April 26 has begun.
BY UGOCHI OKORAFOR