Marvel Cinematic Universe is about to make another major stride to cut across races as it brings to wide screen the first Asian – Based Super hero movie.
The movie original adaptation is comic based since 1973 with a Special Marvel Edition (#15) and was created by Steve Englehart and Jim Starlin. According to Syfy, Chinese-American screenwriter Dave Callaham who participated in major blockbusters like among others, Zombieland 2, Godzilla, and the upcoming Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse will curate the script.
Here are our top five actors to play the hero:
- John Cho – He was popular in Harold and Kumar, Star Trek, a host of others and the most recent internet crime bust sensation, Searching.
- Steven Yeun – The Walking Dead star was also tipped as a major pick because of his influential role in the TV show. He also stars in other movies like Okja and Mayhem.
- Donnie Yen – The brilliant martial artist who starred Rogue One as blind monk Chirrut Imwe and his most popular IP Man franchise.
- Lewis Tan, He is known for the Into the Badlands TV franchise and is gaining a major fan base in Hollywood. He also has major roles in Dead pool and X- men.
- Jason Scott Lee, Stars in the Bruce Lee Story and Jungle book is another major option for the role of the “Shang-Chi” movie.
The studio is aiming to replicate the success of “Black Panther” with more culturally diverse characters and behind-the-scenes talent.
First introduced in 1973, Shang-Chi is a secret agent and a master of numerous unarmed and weaponry-based wushu styles, including the use of the gun, nunchaku, and Jian.
BY ONYEDIKA CHUKWUELOBE