A compilation of riddles.
1) Thirty white horses on a red hill. First they champ, then they stamp.Then they stand still.
2) Voiceless, it cries. Wingless flutters, toothless bites, mouthless mutters.
3) A box without hinges, key or lid. Yet golden treasure inside is hid.
4) All things it devours. Birds, beasts, tress and flowers. Gnaws iron, bites steel, grinds hard stone to meal.
5) What is greater than God, more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it, you will die?
6) what has root and nobody sees. Is taller than trees. Up , up, up it goes and yet never grows?
7) Alive without breath, as cold as death. Never thirst, ever drinking . All in a mail never clinking.
Written by Folakemi Kayode